Saturday, July 4, 2009

Red, White, & Boom!

4th of July is my favorite holiday, and the Red White and Boom festival in Mount Vernon is most definately my favorite activity in this little town. I love it! It's always the Friday before the 5th and located right here at the park that's just a three minute walk from my house! There's free swimming at the pool in the afternoon, activites and music later on, and of course fantastic fireworks following that! I loved the finale this year! There were twirilies followed by big ones that, all which really coordinated well together to make a beautiful ensemble. Unfortunatley, my camera batteries died before I could get a picture of the finale.

Derek won prizes for doing so many push-ups!



"As you wish!" The kids have seen Princess Bride a few too many times, I think.



Trying to grab the camera... :-)




Grandpa, Kathleen and Miss Megan.


Mom and Megan

Emmeline. She's wearing the same shirt she wore last year. That kid just hasn't grown!

This was just too cute! Preston has always loved music ever since he was a little baby. He can even carry a tune! Apparently, he really has as a thing for country music!



1 comment:

Courtney said...

Your kids are so cute. Your parents look great. They look like they haven't changed in the past 10 years. Happy 4th!