Saturday, July 11, 2009

I got a baby!!

Okay, so it's only temporary. I'm babysitting for a girl who is off to North Carolina for a few days. I got the baby Friday morning, and I'll have her thru Monday evening. She is sooo adorable! She's only 2 weeks! She's a really good baby too. She doesn't fuss unless she's hungry, but she does get the hiccups- a lot! I'm sure many people think I'm crazy for volunteering, but it's been so long since there was a baby in the house. To put it in a different perspective. When Derek (my oldest) was the age of Preston (my youngest), Kathleen was nearly 1, and I was 6 months pregnant with Megan! It's going to be hard to give her back on Monday, but at the same time- it'll be nice to get some sleep once again! Kathleen was completely enthrathed with the baby. Okay, they all were (even our kitten!) well, except Preston. Kathleen held her ALL day yesterday, and then Derek held her ALL evening! I wouldn't let the other three hold (I'm sure you can imagine why).









3 comments:

Joanne said...

Very very cute! Enjoy it!

Ned and Melanie said...

I just figured out that you have a blog. Good to know. I may have to check it out from time to time. I hope that is alright. Check ours out. It's not great, but - whatever. I love the picture of the baby in the carrier and the cat. HAHA

lisa said...

Well hey lost friend...good to see you post again! I think your crazy for taking a baby as young as that!!! GOod LUck!