Christmas is tomorrow, and I really will get the Christmas cards out sometime this year. Things have really been hectic. I finished finals a week from last Thursday, we had family pictures taken that next Friday, then we had dentist appointments and holiday shopping, etc. this week. So... I'm behind- though I did try! In fact, I've been trying so hard to stay up on all the holdiay stuff, kids school, appointment, cookies, potty training, and everything else that I landed myself another cold. I'm starting to feel like a germ factory.
So, here is my Christmas letter... or at least the rough draft:
Dear Family and Friends,
This year has been another hectic and exciting one for our family. Although things are still quite crazy around here, I have to admit that it's getting a lot easier too. Everyone is so much more grown up than they were just three short years ago.
Susannah started her senior year at Missouri State University. She loves it- though she's starting to get rather anxious to graduate! She's still playing the piano for Relief Society and of course taking care of the kids and house. Grandma and Grandpa are still living nearby, which is a huge help when it comes to sick kids and test days. Any free time she can find she spends playing the piano, attending the temple and mingling with friends.
Derek just turned ten! We can hardly believe how much he's grown. He's still playing soccer in the spring and fall, as well as participating in scouts every Wednesday night. He is now a Weblo! Derek also finished taking the honors qualifying test and has been accepted into the gifted program for next year! He is really doing very well.
Kathleen is eight! She got baptized in November. She too, is growing up so fast. She is still just as well-behaved as ever, and keeps the rest of us in line! She loves reading as well as her incredible collection of stuffed animals. She's also been perfecting her cartwheel this year so that she can try out for cheerleading next year! I must admit- she is really quite good!
Megan is now seven. I can hardly believe the difference in her this past year. She is once again becoming my happy, loving little girl. She is the peacemaker of the family, and it always seeing what she can do to help or cheer someone up. She was even student of the month a couple of month back! She loves school- especially art, and she's always coming up with new decorating ideas for our home.
Emmeline if five. She is still a spit fire! She is in preschool this year and loving it. Her teachers all love her too. She's so bright! She is very happy, driven, and of course- stubborn! She loves to dance, learn and make new friends. She's my social little butterfly! I have no doubt she'll succeed in kindergarten- I just hope we can all keep up!
Preston is three this year. My baby! Mom is having the hardest time letting this one grow up- but he is! He sleeps in a big boy bed, sits at the table, and will someday be potty trained! Just this last week he said he didn't want to wear diapers anymore. Yeah! We're still having accidents- but we'll get there! He is still just the happiest child I've ever known with a most wonderful sense of humor.
So they we are. One adult and six growing kids. I never thought we'd survive this long, but we have! And although things are still not easy- we are definatley getting the hang of it.
Merry Christmas!
Susannah, Derek, Kathleen, Megan, Emmeline, and Preston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Merry Christmas Susannah! May you find joy, peace and love this coming year! We love you!
I love the letter. You are one tough woman! I don't think I could do what you're doing! Thanks for being such an inspiration!!
Post a Comment