Monday, January 18, 2010

Preston is Potty Trained?!

Do I really dare say it? Could Preston really be potty trained?! I had been having difficulty getting him completely potty trained. I waited patiently like I did for my other children (who were all potty trained long before 3, by the way). He just didn't posess that innate desire. That was okay, neither had Megan. So, I did what was logical- I resorted to bribbery. It worked for Megan, after all. I gave him a little car for each big job, and a piece of chocolate for number one. That worked great for a day. Well, kind of. He'd sit on the potty just long enough to deposit a small donation. He got 4 cars the first day, and I still cleaned poop from his training pants.



But then, something magical happened! I'm not sure what it was exactly. There are several guesses that can be made; but Friday night, Preston used the potty. The first half of the donation was in his pants, the second in the toilet. Okay, nothing too exiting, right? But, then an hour or so later, he made a second deposit! A big deposit! I was pretty sure it was just the excitement of the pizza- this couldn't be a trend. Saturday,Preston went to his dad's. When I picked him up, he was still in his same training pants! Could he really have used the potty all day there, too?? He did! Sunday came. No one expects a kid to use the potty at church, not so new into the game. But in the middle of sacrament meeting, he and Grammy left the chapel to go use the facilities. It's a miracle! I haven't changed a diaper since Friday morning. :-D

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Congrats! Then there is hope for my little girl!!

Ned and Melanie said...

YEAH! I have to say that getting rid of diapers is one baby thing I will be happy to be rid of. Way to go Preston!