I'm sitting on the back patio, watching the kids play in the yard, listening to Pandora, and just enjoying the afternoon. I often opt for quiet while I'm sitting outside, but today I want music.
Last night was the Blue and Gold Banquet for Cubscouts. Derek received his Wolf! I'm so proud of him! I imagine I'll be taking the bragging right and wearing the little pin for a while. Derek says he's going to earn his Eagle, serve a full-time mission, and graduate from college. Every mommy's dream. :-)
The kids are growing up so fast. I'm having a bit of the baby blues (if that's what you'd call it) while watching my youngest grow up. He's starting to show signs that he's ready to be potty trained, and I'm not sure I'm ready. Now how pathetic is that! He's such a cutie. We were conversing the other day about men (I figure he's the least likely to repeat what I say... I may be wrong!) when after my complaining I finally said "Doesn't anybody like me?" Which to that he replied "Jesus likes you."
Emmeline is still Emmeline. LOL That girl is going to send me to the insane asylum while she's busy conquering the world. She asked me yesterday when she was going to be a doctor. She seemed so frustrated and was impatient that she wasn't yet!
My favorite song just came on! "Time to Say Goodbye". I think it's in Italian. ??
My two older girls are riding bikes. It's nice to see those two playing together. They were singing and dancing in their room earlier today (they both were home sick from school). It was hilarious! Those girls are such polar oppositites that no one would believe they're sisters. I almost wonder if being so close in age made them so different as they tried to find their own identity... one theory anyways.


3 comments:
Your kids sound adorable. And I LOVE Pandora. Greatest invention. I listen to it constantly!!
Congrats to you and Derek! Doing Scouts is hard work. My mom was a scout leader for a while and those boys put in a lot of work into it especially with their parents help. The pictures look great and the kids are super cute!
Congratulations Derek! Lots of scouting left to do!
Post a Comment