It's a new year and I can hardly believe it's 2009! We had a terrific Christmas this year. We went to Grammy and Grandpa's house early in the morning for the traditional breakfast and then commenced the present opening ceremony! The kids were all so adorable! They were very polite as each one took turns fetching a present from under the tree and they stared wonderously as each of their siblings unwrapped his or her gift. As a mother, I was very proud of my cute little monkeys. :-) We ended up staying the entire day and let the kids open their presents and play with them in the basement. (So much for determining ahead of time that all presents would stayed wrapped until brought home!)
Then, New Year's! Since Chad and his new wife, Mary decided to take a two week vacation to Utah, I got his holiday by default! Yea! So, New year's wasn't what I had originally planned (a night out with my girlfriends), but rather a spectacular show of loud screeching children and their friends!! They had a good time, so I guess that's what counts. We had lots or 'party food' and watched Wallie twice in a row. By ten o'clock my three youngest had crashed. Since all the older kids were nearly there too, the New Year was rung in by a bunch of sleeping people! (me included)


1 comment:
Sounds like Christmas was good for you. It also sounds like we had the same New Years part, but only the part where we were crashed before it even happened! Remember when....energy and you could stay up way past that hour? :)
Post a Comment